e CommonSense: In the waiting room at Fitzgerald Mercy

Saturday, September 03, 2005

In the waiting room at Fitzgerald Mercy

The New York Times has a column for people to describe little incidents that tell you about life in New York. Here's a little incident from Life in Delaware County:

I had to go to Fitzgerald Mercy the other day for X-rays. They had "One Life to Live" on the television in the waiting room. A male character was in a heated argument a female character, and he was screaming at her: "I hate you and I hate that thing that is growing inside you!!! It's not a baby it's a monster!!! I will always hate it as much as I hate you!!! I wish you were dead, and it with you!!!"

The old man sitting next to me looked up from his newspaper and muttered, "seems like someone's got cold feet."

I love understatement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home